Our fresh, new seasonal Bouqs are looking for their perfect pairing this Thanksgiving. Once you’ve chosen the Bouq that fits your Thanksgiving decorating plans, it’s time to choose what’s on the menu! In our last perfect pairing post, we introduced you to our favorite Spanish Gin & Tonic drink, which will certainly get both you and your guests in good spirits before the turkey hits the table. Now, we’re excited to share a starter dish that is just as much a treat for the eyes as it is your stomach: enter our Red Cabbage Autumn Salad, a colorful and delicious way to start your Thanksgiving feast.
- 1 pound red cabbage, sliced very thin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- Salt and red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped or sliced
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Toss cabbage with olive oil and lime juice, plus salt and pepper, coating leaves evenly. Taste and add more lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss dressed cabbage gently with half of dates and feta. Sprinkle with remaining dates, then feta, then parsley and sesame seeds. Dig in.
Recipe from #BouqsFam Brand Director, Tricia, inspired by Smitten Kitchen.
Pair this salad with our ‘Friendsgiving’ Bouq and you’re ready to make a lot of new friends this holiday season. Share what you’re whipping up in your kitchen by tagging us on Instagram, and check out all of our upcoming Thanksgiving recipes by keeping an eye on this blog.Shop All