Whether you’re looking for a way to add flowers to your wedding reception or are cooking a special dinner for your boo, you need to know how to make napkin rings with flowers. Flower napkin rings are a fresh way to liven up your table settings, and you can even make them yourself.
Fresh flowers really do all the work for you when it comes to decorating, so these DIY napkin rings basically create themselves. All you need to do is pick out flowers to match the event. For example, if you want to coordinate the flowers on the napkin rings with the flowers at your wedding, just order extra flowers from the florist to create these DIY napkin rings with.
Whatever the event, the flowers on the flower napkin rings make a beautiful souvenir or memento and will wow your guests into thinking you are really crafty, even if you are not! Seriously, anyone who has the time can make them–they’re that easy! You just need to pick up a few things first.
Materials Needed for Flower Napkin Rings
- Fresh flowers (2-3 different sizes is ideal)
- Floral Wire
- Floral Tape
- Wire Cutters
How to Make Napkin Rings with Flowers
- The first step on these DIY napkin rings is grabbing the floral wire and creating a loop that is about two inches in diameter. Take the ends of the wire and wrap it around the ring you have created and cut it. Any excess wire that was wrapped around can be trimmed accordingly.
- Cut the flower that you want to be in the middle of the floral napkin rings, leaving about an inch on the stem to connect the rest of the flowers to. Using the floral tape, secure the flower to the wire ring you have already created. If you are having trouble getting the flower to stand up because it is droopy or uncooperative, you can cut off another piece of floral wire and attach it to the back of the flower with the floral tape to get it to stand up the way you want it to.
- Secure a flower on each side of the flower you taped in the center with the floral tape. Continue this process until the DIY napkin rings are full to your desired effect. Adding greenery will really give this napkin ring a natural effect! Tape it in between the flowers using the floral tape.
- Now you have your floral section of the floral napkin rings full enough for your tastes. The next step is to cover the floral wire that you used to create the napkin ring with floral tape.
- You’re ready to add your napkin to the DIY napkin rings and set the table!
Tips and Tricks for Flower Napkin Rings with Fresh Flowers
- The best way to ensure that your DIY napkin rings stay fresh and not wilted for your event is to make them the day of, or as close to the day of as possible. The closer to the event, the fresher the flower.
- If you don’t have time to make them the day of the event (who really has time to do anything the day of a special event?), keep the floral rings in the fridge overnight. Spray them lightly with water and a floral sealant for good measure.
- The hardier the flower, the more likely it won’t die right away. Some examples of hardy flowers are orchids, chrysanthemums, or baby’s breath.
- If all else fails, you can substitute fresh flowers for faux flowers. Most faux flowers come on a wire stem already, so you may even be able to save yourself from having to buy the floral wire!
At Bouqs, we value the personal touch of something handcrafted – whether it’s the fresh Bouq itself, or homemade napkin rings with fresh flowers. We hope the how to make napkin rings with flowers guide above will help you entertain the way you want, or just liven up your space with the beauty of fresh flowers!Shop All