Adding flowers to our holiday decor is just one way we like to bring even more cheer to our favorite season. And we have even more reason to feel festive these days because we recently introduced a new item into our growing holiday family: mini Christmas trees!
In the spirit of the holidays, we’re excited to share some of our best tips to help you add some special touches to your new tree. Last time we showed you how to give your tree a rustic makeover, and today we’re sharing one of our most coveted DIY tips: how to decorate your Christmas tree with flowers. We noticed floral trees have been trending this season and knew that you all would want to know how to make it, too. So without further ado, here is how you flower bomb your tree.
- Colorful flowers (we suggest using bright roses and spray roses)
- Your choice of base covering. We recommend linen, muslin, or burlap.
- Place your tree on top of the open fabric. Pull up the cloth so that it wraps over the pot, then gather up the extra cloth in your hands and either roll it into a knot or tie it into a bow.
- Next, trim your flower stems to various lengths between 2-10 inches. Keeping the stems is the easiest way to get your flowers to stick in the soil and prop up in your Christmas tree.
- Now, it’s time to decorate! Place your trimmed flowers in whatever pattern desired throughout the tree. You can make a simple garland or dot the tree with your blooms for an all-over floral effect!
We would love to see your holiday flower tree! Share photos by tagging us @thebouqsco on Instagram.Shop All