The halls are decked, the stockings are stuffed, and the candles are lit, which can only mean one thing…the holidays are just about here! Christmas is one week away, and the final decoration to tick off that list is that mini trees for the holidays you decided to #treatyourself to. We’ve already shared a few ideas on great winter flowers for delivery and great plants to order for the holidays.
Now, we’ve got a last-minute tip to throw your way which is both creative and quick – all you need to do is take a trip to your local craft store to get the materials. Pom-poms and yarn are perfect hacks that will automatically add fun colors to your mini tree. If this sounds right up your alley, take a look at how to do it 👇
- Small pom-poms (we used bright colors like pink, purple, yellow, orange)
- 3-4 bundles of colorful yarn (we went with yellow, pink, white, and mint green)
* Let’s first decorate the tree’s base. Open up the yarn and find the loose ends. Line them up in your hand in a row so that they are of equal length. Place the ends together at the very bottom of the base and secure them there with tape.
* Take the remainder of the yarn and start wrapping it around the base from bottom to top until it is covered. Be sure to keep the multiple pieces of yarn straight so they don’t tangle around each other. Once the base is fully wrapped, trim the excess yarn and tape the ends to the inside of the base so it doesn’t show.
* To decorate the tree itself, all you have to do is place the pom-poms between the branches of the tree. You can either space them out evenly like we did, or create your own designs with them. Either way, you’ll be rewarded with a fun and colorful tree!
We couldn’t be more excited for the holidays! Show us how you’re celebrating by tagging us in your festive pics on Instagram @thebouqsco.
If you’re looking for great bouquets for winter you’ve come to the right place. We have flower arrangements for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and New Year’s ready for your celebration be it an intimate family gathering or a New Year’s Eve blast after sheltering at home for two years.Shop All