Anthuriums have always been a favorite amongst all the tropical plants out there, and there’s just no question why! Not only are they so oh-so-captivating and vibrant, they just make such a great addition to any living space.
But before you bring home your very own potted anthurium or cut flower, there are some things you should know before becoming the happiest plant parent out there. We at The Bouqs Co. compiled a list of must-know facts about anthuriums for all the tropical flower fans out there!
1. Anthurium plants are part of a big family! In fact, they are a genus of more than 800 unique species found in different parts of Mexico, northern Argentina and Uruguay.
2. They have quite a few nicknames: Painted Tongue, Flamingo Flower, Flamingo Lily, or Tail Flower.
3. Anthurium flowers come in a wide variety of vibrant colors such as white, yellow, pink, orange or green but you will see them come in mainly shades of red.
4. Although these blooms are quite the beauties, they are actually poisonous because they contain calcium oxalate crystals.
5. Fortunately for us, anthuriums can bloom all year!
6. Thinking of gifting your loved ones their very own potted anthuriums? Keep in mind that these greens symbolize hospitality, happiness, and overall abundance before sending one along!
Now that you’re pretty much an expert on these lovely greens, you should also know that they make the absolute best houseplants and even cut flowers! Check out our tropical collection to bring home a wide variety of exotic flowers and spice up your living space today.Shop All