Galentine’s Day, February 13th, is one of our favorite holidays because it brings together the things we love most: flowers, snacks, friends, and party favors! Whether you’re hosting an at home get-together or going all out at brunch this year, there is no sweeter way to show your gals you really care by giving them a thoughtful Galentine’s Day gift. It’s the icing on the cake to an already fun-filled, gal-powered day.
Here at The Bouqs Co., we are all for giving your gifts a personal touch. Our flowers are farm-fresh and delivered from farmers located in both South America and the U.S., so handcrafted is what we are known for. Adopt your own do-it-yourself mentality by creating party favors for your Galentine’s Day party. Below you’ll find instructions for DIY Floral Bath Bombs and DIY Flower Candles, both gifts that your gals will love!
DIY Floral Bath Bombs
- 1 c baking soda
- 1/2 c citric acid
- 1/2 c Epsom salts
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. essential oil
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 2 medium bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Bath bomb mold
- Dried flower petals
- Gold flakes (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients together inside one of the bowls using a whisk. Add about ¼ c of the dried flowers and 2 tablespoons of the gold flakes.
2. Mix the liquid ingredients together in the separate small bowl.
3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with the wooden spoon. The mixture will be quite crumbly, but it will hold together!
4. Pack the mixture into the bath bomb molds and press the spheres together to form a bath bomb!
5. Allow to dry completely before wrapping them in plastic sleeves and tying them shut.
DIY Flower Candle
- Dried flower petals
- Pillar candles
- Tea lights
- Paint brush
- Light your tea light and allow the wax to melt and pool inside its container.
2. Lay your pillar candle flat on a table and carefully place a few dried flowers on the side that’s facing up.
3. Use your brush to pick up some of the melted wax. Now, brush the melted wax over the flower petals so they’re glued down.
4. Repeat along all sides of the candle and let dry.
5. Tie the candle with twine and give it as a gift!Shop All