Since its debut in 2011, Anthropologie’s bridal brand, BHLDN (otherwise known as ‘Beholden’), has remained a treasure trove of elegant garments and accessories for brides and bridesmaids alike. Offering one-on-one styling services, the brand aims to make every bride feel special, and at a reasonable price. Their products range from dresses, lingerie and night wear, to champagne flutes, ring pillows, letterpress cards and so much more!
We sat down with one of the styling experts at the Beverly Hills BHLDN to get some wedding tips for our brides, as these women are a portal of bridal knowledge. And what do you know, our wedding collection flowers look perfect paired with some of their luxe looks…
The Bouqs Co: What are your favorite gifts for brides to give their bridesmaids?
BHLDN: Surprise your bridesmaids with robes for those all-important getting ready photos! Or, gift each of your ‘maids a dazzling bauble to wear on the big day. A common accessory can tie a mix-and-match bridal party together!
What tips do you give brides that want to be classic yet modern at the same time?
Consider a gown with a classic silhouette in a unique fabric. Graphic lace and velvet are among our favorites.
Start with a sleek and simple gown. Complete the look with unexpected accessories for a modern take on a classic look. Mixing metals and stones will surely get you there!
What are the best accessories a bride can wear on her wedding?
Choose accessories that highlight your gown’s unique features. For instance:
- Accentuate a V-neckline with a pendant necklace.
- Statement earrings pair perfectly with a high-neck gown.
- Show off your slimmest section with a waist-cinching sash.
- A high-low hemline calls for photo-worthy pumps.
In this picture-centric world, what are the best photogenic items a bride can work into her wedding?
Glowing skin and a bright smile are the most timeless accessories! Be sure to consider your skincare routine well in advance to ensure you’re beaming inside and out on the big day.
Infuse a dash of sparkle with crystal-adorned accessories that catch the light. From head to toe, it’s all about the details! Ask your photographer to showcase your photo-worthy accessories in some pre-ceremony snaps.
Bold blooms are a total show stopper! After the ceremony, maximize your flowers by re-purposing bouquets as centerpieces.
Sometimes guests can outshine a bride that wants to go simple. How do you help avoid that?
Take cues from the couple’s venue and dress code. If you’re stumped, ask the bride for a little guidance.
What are the five best things a bride can add to her wedding to make it special?
- Write your own vows in a keepsake vow book and recite them on the big day. Wordsmithing not your strong suit? Express your love for your betrothed with lines from a favorite novel or poem.
- Think outside the box when it comes to your guest book. Guests can leave their mark with Polaroid snaps or by signing the margins of a coffee table book!
- Decorate your venue with pieces that feel true to your style as a couple.
- Incorporate a family heirloom as your something old to honor generations passed.
- Take your flowers beyond the tablescape and bouquet. Consider adorning your hair, your venue’s wall space, and even the ceiling with blooms!