Whether you’re throwing a huge bash or hosting an intimate gathering, flower centerpieces really perk up party decor. Flowers add a certain brightness that can’t be replicated in other decorative touches. Even better, they work well in every type of gathering. In fact, with some clever additions, you can work the same arrangement into the decor of a variety of different celebrations.
So, if you’ve ever wished you had the magic touch when it comes to flower arranging, you’re in luck. You don’t have to be a florist to create impressive flower centerpieces that perfectly suit the occasion; you just have to know the tricks. Here are some ways you can take a pre-curated Bouq and it into spectacularly fitting flower centerpieces for every occasion.
To create a festive holiday arrangement that will work for your party, start with a bouquet in colors that scream Christmas to you. For some, that may be the traditional red and green. Others may feel that icy white and blue truly represent the holiday season. Once you have your flowers, it’s time for the add-ins. Again here, you have to think of what represents Christmas to you. Here are some ideas:
- Cinnamon sticks, cranberries, and dried orange slices add an extra level of fragrance.
- Ornaments and bits of holly or mistletoe tucked here and there tie in with other holiday decor.
- Pine cones and branches create a frosty winter look.
For Thanksgiving, you’ll probably want to start out with a bundle of flowers that is in a variety of rustic hues. Think oranges, deep purples, warm yellows, cream, and rust tones. Beyond using a fall color scheme, here are other ways to add some Thanksgiving flair to your flower centerpieces:
- You might want to incorporate some ornamental corn, miniature pumpkins, snippets of wheat, apples, or colorful fall leaves into your centerpiece.
- To really up the ante, you may consider arranging everything in a hollowed out pumpkin.
When you’re creating a baby shower flower centerpiece, think fresh and new. Choose light, bright flowers, and keep the centerpieces as clean as possible. Here are some other ideas for your baby shower flower centerpieces:
- Work fun items like a rubber duckie, small stuffed animal, or tiny baby shoes into your baby shower flower centerpiece.
- You may even choose to arrange the blooms in glass baby bottles, old tea tins, or baby food jars.
For wedding shower arrangements, practically anything light, bright, and happy goes. It’s also good to keep in mind that wedding shower centerpieces don’t have to be elaborate. In fact, you can really stretch your floral budget here. Try spray painting empty bottles of varying shapes and sizes in some sort of gilded paint color. Then, simply add single blooms or small clusters to each.
People often think that they have to shell out a ton of cash for wedding flower centerpieces, but the truth is that you can save a bundle if you don’t mind doing a little repurposing. The bridesmaid bouquets can easily become wedding flower centerpieces at the reception. Have stunning vases, charming mason jars, or whatever else suits your style waiting at the reception space. After the ceremony, simply arrange the bouquets in the awaiting vessels.
A tea party can be just for the sake of having a tea party, or it can be a wonderful theme for a wedding shower, baby shower, or birthday party. Tea party flower centerpieces are actually quite easy to create; here are some creative ideas for your tea party flowers:
- Gather some pretty teacups. You can borrow them from friends and family if you don’t have enough or browse the local second-hand stores. Single blooms and small bundles can be arranged in each to create elegant centerpieces.
- Alternately, borrow an interesting variety of teapots and arrange bundles of flowers in them.
Garden parties are casual and free, so your flower centerpieces can be just as easy going. The sky’s the limit when it comes to decorating for a garden party, but here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Mason jars wrapped in lace and ribbon make lovely containers for nonchalantly arranged buds.
- Garden party vases don’t have to be fancy. In fact, paper bags create a sweet provincial look. Tuck a jar inside the bag, arrange your blooms and cinch the top of the bag with a pretty ribbon.
- Tin cans also make wonderful garden party vases, too. They can be painted, tied with twine, or drilled to create any number of looks for your flower centerpieces.
There are countless ways to arrange bouquets of flowers into eye-catching centerpieces for your special events. The Bouqs Company makes it easy to create stunning, fresh flower centerpieces for all your celebrations. We cut to order when the order is placed, so you get the freshest blooms, and there’s never any waste. What could be better?Shop All