California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice explains how The Bouqs Company (“we,” “us,” “our,” or “Company”) collects, uses, and shares information (“Applicant Information”) about our job applicants who are California residents (collectively “Applicants”). If you become an employee of the Company, any onboarding and other data collection will be governed by our separate employee privacy notice, which will be made available to you.
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time. Any updated version will be made available to you, for example via the Applicant Tracking System portal.
This current version is dated November 1, 2022.
I. APPLICANT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following Applicant Information about you:
• Application Data. Name, home address, personal phone number, personal email address, date of birth, qualifications, skills, experience, education and employment history, preferences, gender, race, veteran status, work/immigration status and sponsorships, and any other information provided in your resume, through your application, or in an interview.
• Usage Information. Time and date stamps and other information about your use of Company’s Applicant Tracking System portal.
• Location Information. Data we collect about your location and anticipated work location.
II. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR APPLICANT INFORMATION
We may collect Applicant Information about you when:
• you provide it directly to us;
• we collect it automatically during your application process; and
• when a third party provides it to us (e.g., a background check provider).
III. WHY WE COLLECT YOUR APPLICANT INFORMATION
We may use your Applicant Information for the following purposes:
• To assess appropriate fit for a position;
• To enter into an offer letter or other contract with you; and
• To ensure we’re complying with our legal obligations.
We may also use your Applicant Information for analytics purposes, such as creating anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data that we use and share to analyze our business and for other lawful business purposes.
If you accept an offer from us, your Applicant Information will be incorporated into and used as part of your employee record. We do not sell, rent, or lease your Applicant Information. Nor do we “share” your Applicant Information (as that term is defined in the CPRA) for cross-contextual behavioral advertising.
IV. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your Applicant Information in the following circumstances:
• Service Providers. With service providers, including service providers who provide recruiting, human resources, IT, background checks, and other services.
• Legal Obligation. In response to a legal obligation, including if reasonably necessary or appropriate to:
• Comply with any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
• Respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order);
• Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law; or
• Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety or the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, third-parties, or the public as required or permitted by law.
• Sale or Merger. In relation to a change of corporate control or other investment in Company, such as a restructuring, merger, or sale of some or all of our assets.
• Your Further Direction. Otherwise with your permission or upon your direction.
V. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR APPLICANT INFORMATION
We may retain your Applicant Information for as long as needed for the purpose(s) for which it was collected and consistent with applicable law, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Please be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your Applicant Information from our systems due to backups or technical constraints.
VI. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have privacy rights that allow you to submit the following requests:
• Information about how we have collected and used your Applicant Information. We have made this information available to you without having to request it by including it in this privacy notice.
• Access to a copy of the Applicant Information that we maintain about you. Where applicable, we will provide the information in a portable, readily usable format.
• Correction of Applicant Information that is inaccurate or out of date.
• Deletion of Applicant Information that we no longer need or are otherwise required to retain.
In some instances, your choices may be limited, such as where fulfilling your request would impair the rights of others, our ability to provide a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights.
To submit a request, please email us or write to us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We may ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
You may empower an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws.
VII. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures designed to prevent your Applicant Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Applicant Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know and are subject to confidentiality obligations.
VIII. ALTERNATIVE FORMATS
Upon request, this notice is available in alternative formats for applicants with disabilities, such as large print, braille, or audio. Please contact us at [email protected], and an alternative format will be provided to you so you can access the information in this notice.
IX. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time without prior notice. If we materially update this Policy, we will take steps required by law, including notifying you by posting a new version at this location or requesting your consent when necessary.
X. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or requests regarding this Policy, please contact The Bouqs Co. People Team at: 4094 Glencoe Ave, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292 or via email at [email protected]